Tuesday, June 21, 2011

OW SON OF A ****

Aieeeeeeeee, just pulled off an industrial strength sticky plaster, plus my brother and a local boy are taking off a road safety ad behind me to make matters worse, (I told them not to be pricks and they've shut up - neat.)  Any how, In the interest of keeping the gears of thought in motion I decided to make some illustrations based on my friends, the three amigos, Barry, Cian and (my extra friend) Finn (in alphabetical order to be diplomatic). I got the idea after Finn said something about Barrys polo shirt, Cians V neck and his own tshirt. (On reflection it turns out Cian doesn't wear all that many V necks but, I suppose it's more the spirit of the V neck if you will?.. Oh god what am I saying???)  So this template gave me the idea for two more illustrations. One is based on eyesight, Barry has perfect "20 20" vision, Cian is far sighted and Finn is near sighted.



The last one is based on the common factor that brought these musketeers together, the art college! Barry is a promiscuous printer and Cian and Finn are fellow graphic gowls. (Two points of interest - one is that Barry came to LeSAD set on graphics but hated it! The other is that I do not approve of the gowl moniker, I wasn't consulted.) Anyhow, even though Cian and Finn are both Vis Com, they have different approaches. Cian can draw, Cian can draw very well, Cian can draw so well people ask him to draw on their shoes!! (Cian draws on his plimsolls, word gets round!) On the flip side Finn is a mac prodigy, he already has an impressive portfolio of paid work and we aren't even in second year!!!

So yeah! I had to spend a while creepin facebook photos to check frame shapes and such but it was a fun wee project, I must keep them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment