Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear Africa, sorry to hear you are poor...

Oh fail of failures, I neglected to put anything up last week, although I was pretty all over the place in terms of work anyway so it was just another symptom of the general condition of distraction I was in! BUT - Now I'm back (somewhat) LASER FOCUSED! The preparation is done, today I am going out to source hoodies to begin to build my MIGHTY ARMOUR!

I said in my last post I would put up pictures of the finished head phones and the week long delay aside here they are, as modeled by my constant companion Meghan (A fellow Clancy):

Sommmebody went crazy with the diffuse glow filter...
So they turned out very cool and 100% functional! So what have I learned?
    • Anything wearable needs to be lightweight and comfortable - Failed wings mark 1. were way too heavy to work.
    • If you want precision, use precision tools - I could only get the smooth finish I was looking for on the feather shapes when I used the scalpel.
    • Fimo paper clay is a wonder material - Its brilliant white and drys to almost half its weight, plus the dried clay even has a small amount of give in it for further manipulation.
So in anticipation of beginning on construction I did one final study of a suit of armour (Which I then mutated with photoshop, I'm a ps fiend):
Pen and ink filter - cause its nazty.

The original with increased exposure and contrast


It was only during the undertaking of this drawing I realised I  have forgotten how to shade! It's coming back to me in bits and pieces!  
My animation idea is kinda sidelined for the moment, I'm just worried the assessment will roll around next week and I'll have nothing to show for it, some of the other guys in studio 4 are taking on some really big ambitious projects so I have to try and melt this chill of inadequacy with a blazing inferno of decent work!

No comments:

Post a Comment