Monday, November 22, 2010

I just had to act as a one man debate team...

It's just gone 9 o'clock in the morning, the first year floor is dead, and I am here, under the unnerving glow of fluorescent lights to update my blog. WHY? Because last night I had an extremely disturbing nightmare that I believe came about as a result of stress induced anxiety! And the only way to stop worrying about something is to go and get it done with so I am bracing myself for a week of frantic productivity (or at the very least regular productivity)
Job done.
Newsprint, cardboard and a noxious ammount of hot glue.
I finally have built two prototype folding hoods, one from just white card and the other from cardboard and news print, pictures to come. I also passed out upon completion of the second hood due to fume inhalation from the hot glue gun, a crumpled up scrape of humanity covered in paper and hot glue - art, this is what you have done to me!



Toying about with the mechanics of the paper frame.



Jess - modeling.

Another exciting development was the realisation of my sonic crash helmet (Which involved another tangle with the glue gun). I brought it into town with me last Saturday and took scored of photos of my friends and the general public wearing it, which I promptly deleted because I am a fool. Thankfully a handful survived and I can always repeat the process next weekend.


I got a great reaction from the people who tried it on, we discovered that even though the speakers aren't in-ear you still can't hear a word anyone says to you while you wear it. This is actually a good thing as my original idea was to submerge the wearer in music so job done on that front!


DREAMS.


No comments:

Post a Comment