Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm senitmental - Oh no I mean I'm sent to be mental

 

IT LIVES!
 IT'S HAPPENING!! I finally have something armour like to show for my toiling!.. Well maybe armour like is a bit generous at this point but the important thing is that my original concept for the hoodie re worked as a piece of medieval combative armour is at last being realised. It's tricky though as I am no seamstress and I'm finding the sewing pretty tricky and the white fabric is getting a little grubby from handling, however, I've just got to be brave and keep plugging away at it to compensate for my abomination of a progress review last Monday (which I was convinced was on Thursday).
Other problems Ive encountered include trying to find saws, wire cutters, bolt cutters, glue guns, affordable hoodies, being repeatedly lacerated and punctured by wire because the gloves weren't flexible enough to work in, getting my hair caught in the saw teeth and a general lack of technical know how! But I can see its coming together, when I'm finished I want to have something that will will make the connection between the clothes people wear and the way they use them to protect themselves from looking vulnerable in the dangerous urban environment

No comments:

Post a Comment