Thursday, November 25, 2010

Yes, yes of course, all the chips, ALL THE CHIPS YOU CAN FIND!



Cast your gaze upon his might and weep! This is Brian modeling my latest armour prototype, made of cardboard and twine. The design is based on the plated armour worn by the legions of ancient Rome. During one of my tutorials Grainne pointed out that the chest plate I had built would restrict the mobility of the wearer so I looked into something more flexible.
After jamming Brian into the cardboard tube i added the shoulder straps and there you have it! The next step is to merge the armour with the urban. The panels around the stomach remind me of the pouch pocket on the front of most hoodies, I'd like to try layering them up to achieve a similar effect, also the twine can be replaced with shoe laces, reminiscent of the drawstrings threaded through hoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment